Graphic / Apparel Designer APPLY NOW
Valour Sport (Valour) designs and manufactures on-trend and high-performance sportswear and uniforms for professional athletes, schools, corporations and clubs, as well as an innovative luxury activewear label.
Valour is looking for a passionate Graphic / Apparel Designer to join its expanding design department. The successful candidate will work from Valour's Office (option of Dural NSW, Loganholme QLD or Keswick SA) and report to the Head of Design. The role includes the development and design of apparel, team wear, and sportswear products in line with Valour's company strategy, as well as marketing materials (print and electronic).
The designer will assist in maintaining Valour's high-quality standards in the development and production 'sign-off' process working closely with the Production, Sales, and Marketing teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working from Valour's Office (option of Dural NSW, Loganholme QLD or Keswick SA) and reporting to the Head of Design, the role includes the development and design of apparel, team wear and sportswear products in line with Valour's company strategy, as well as marketing materials (print and electronic). The designer will assist in maintaining Valour's high-quality standards in the development and production 'sign-off' process working closely with the Production, Sales and Marketing teams.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for design excellence and enjoys challenges. Valour is open to considering both graduates or experienced designers with a positive attitude.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop innovative designs for sportswear apparel
- Create graphics and designs that are consistent with our brand identity and reflect the latest trends in the industry
- Work with product development teams to ensure designs are suitable for production
- Prepare design files for print and digital media
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Keep up-to-date with the latest design software, techniques, and trends
- Creating ranges from conception and following through to final delivery
- Liaise with offshore factories, local suppliers and key stakeholders
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Creative flair and advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite.
- Print design experience, specifically sublimation, is advantageous.
- Preferred experience in photography and videography.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques/fabrics highly regarded .
- Ability to interpret briefs, workshop a brief response and provide creative direction to the internal sales team.
- Strategic thinking and value-add through design for business best practice.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a variety of project stakeholders, including Managers and Suppliers.
- Interest in sports, sport design, and the general sporting landscape is preferred.
Tertiary education in Graphic Design or similar is required for this role.
Proficient in Adobe Creative, suite including:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Videography and photography skills are highly regarded
2023-07-31|||Dural NSW|||Design Team||||||IYEmrhG3UJ0bTaAh|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||