Amfori BSCI is a leading supply chain management system that supports members to drive social compliance and improvements within their global supply chains. BSCI members are provided with tools to carry out human rights due diligence – identifying and mitigating any risks in supply chains and supporting remedial action. Members adhere to a Code of Conduct based on internationally recognised principles, to respect human rights and address social issues in supply chains.
In countries where domestic laws and regulations are in conflict with, or set a different standard of protection than the Amfori BSCI Code of Conduct, members are required to abide by the principles that provide the highest protection to the workers and environment.
The Amfori BSCI Code of Conduct consists of 13 principles that cover multiple inter-connected performance areas. In summary, members commit to operating in accordance with these principles and are monitored via regular independent audits:
- No use of child labour or bonded labour – no engagement in any form of forced, trafficked or non-voluntary labour.
- Fair remuneration, reasonable working hours and no discrimination.
- Ensuring workers are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Complying with occupational health & safety regulations.
- Protecting the environment and engaging in ethical business behaviour.
Along with the Codes of Conduct, the Valour facility adheres to the strict, high standards required to deliver industry-leading sports uniforms and sportswear and has produced millions of garments for clients all around Australia.