In recent years, compression garments have become increasingly popular among athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and even individuals who spend long hours sitting at a desk. This type of clothing is designed to apply pressure to specific areas of the body, typically the muscles, to improve blood flow, reduce fatigue, and aid in recovery. It has been a big focus of Valour's R & D department, which has seen the team working with many top Australian sporting associations to maximise the benefits each of the garments in the V1% range offers.
Here are the top 10 benefits of compression wear:
- Improved Blood Circulation: Compression garments help to increase blood flow to the muscles, which can bring oxygen and nutrients to the muscles more efficiently. This can help to improve athletic performance, reduce fatigue, and speed up recovery after physical activity.
- Reduced Muscle Fatigue and Soreness: The tight fit of compression apparel helps to reduce muscle vibration, which can reduce the amount of energy required to maintain muscle contractions. This can result in reduced muscle fatigue and soreness after physical activity. This is particularly evident with calf and arm guards which can alleviate the aches and pains following strenuous training sessions.
- Enhanced Athletic Performance: By reducing muscle vibration and increasing blood flow, compression wear can help to improve athletic performance by making it easier to maintain muscle contractions for longer periods of time. Full-length tights are often favoured during intense targeted workouts of larger lower muscle groups, as athletes are able to push further with their muscles supported.
- Support for Muscles and Joints: Compression garments can help to support the muscles and joints, which can be particularly helpful for individuals who have suffered from an injury or have a condition that affects their mobility.
- Improved Posture: Some types of compression are designed to help improve posture, which can help to reduce pain and discomfort associated with conditions such as lower back pain. Offering support around the body's core through wide supporting waistbands or compression tops can be extremely beneficial.
- Reduced Swelling and Inflammation: The pressure provided by Valour's V1% range can help to reduce swelling and inflammation, which can be particularly helpful for individuals who spend a lot of time sitting or standing, as well as for athletes who experience muscle soreness after intense physical activity. Many of Valour's high-performance athletes choose to wear Valour's compression range when travelling long distances to aid in the swelling that is evident on long-haul trips.
- Improved Recovery Time: By increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation, compression garments can help to improve recovery time after physical activity, allowing individuals to return to their normal activities more quickly.
- Reduced Muscle Vibration: The tight fit of Valour's compression apparel helps to reduce muscle vibration, which can reduce the amount of energy required to maintain muscle contractions. This can result in reduced muscle fatigue and improved athletic performance.
- Increased Comfort during Physical Activity: Compression wear is made from specialised materials that are designed to be comfortable and form-fitting, making it easier to engage in physical activity without experiencing discomfort or irritation. If the athlete feels good in what they are wearing it allows them to focus on their performance and hitting their goals. Short tights are a favourite at track and field events as they offer compression and coverage leaving athletes to focus on what is ahead of them.
- Potential Reduction in the Risk of Injury: By supporting the muscles and joints and reducing muscle vibration, compression wear can help to reduce the risk of injury during physical activity. Additionally, the improved blood flow provided by compression wear can help to speed up recovery in the event of an injury.
To learn more about Valour's V1% range visit here